POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : YMPRF (Take 2) : Re: YMPRF (Take 2) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 00:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YMPRF (Take 2)
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 23 Jul 2001 01:25:38
Message: <3b5bb552$1@news.povray.org>
> I liked the original

As far as the rad artifats go I agree with you. But actually after adding
the light source the actual mood of this version is better than the last
IMO.

>- but agree the cylinder was crying out for
> caustics.

I used photons not Pov's regular cautics.

>The only light source has to be from above so I don't think
> your caustics will be brilliant. Overall, this one looks more like a
> water-colour painting, or damp concrete walls. I still like it tho'.
> Never did have the patience myself to play with rad!

Yeah it can really eat up a lot of your time! I was wondering if I am
experiencing the same slowdown that some of the others have commented on
with the combo of area light + ior + rad??